1.1 ➤Couriervia.com offers a Money Back Guarantee for the following services or service options (if and where available): Couriervia.com Europe First, Couriervia.com International First, Couriervia.com International Next Flight, Couriervia.com International Priority, Couriervia.com International Priority Freight, Couriervia.com International Economy (intercontinental Shipments only), Couriervia.com International Economy Freight, Couriervia.com International Priority Plus, Couriervia.com International Broker Select, Couriervia.com International Priority DirectDistribution, Couriervia.com Standard Overnight, Couriervia.com 1Day Freight, Couriervia.com Priority Overnight. For the avoidance of doubt, Money Back Guarantee does not apply to Intra-European Shipments using the Couriervia.com International Economy service. Couriervia.com will upon request either refund or at its option (to be exercised in Couriervia.com’s sole discretion) credit to the applicable invoice the Transportation Charges incurred by the Sender if the first attempted delivery of a Shipment occurs 60 seconds or more after the applicable Delivery Commitment Time ("Service Failure").
However, the Money Back Guarantee policy will only apply once a delivery commitment has been accepted by Couriervia.com after pick up of the Shipment.
This money-back guarantee, if available (customers should check with Couriervia.com for details), can be suspended, modified or revoked by Couriervia.com at its sole discretion without notice to either the Sender or Recipient.
➤In order to qualify for a refund or credit the following limitations apply:
➤Where Customs or other regulatory clearances are delayed due to inspection or sampling requirements, or due to Sender's errors or omissions in documentation or the processing of a Package is delayed due to Couriervia.com compliance with aviation or other security requirements,
➤the Delivery Commitment Time is modified by adding one Business Day for each day (or part thereof) that such clearances are delayed;
➤For invoiced Shipments and for Shipments sent using an automated shipping device, Couriervia.com must receive notification in writing of a Service Failure within 15 days from the invoice date. The Sender must furnish with the proof of its payment the invoice number to which the payment applies.
➤If an invoice is not paid in full, the reason for each unpaid charge must be noted with its (Air) Waybill or Package tracking number;
For Shipments not invoiced by Couriervia.com (whether paid by cash, check, money order, credit card or otherwise) the Sender must notify Couriervia.com in writing of a Service Failure within 15 days after the date of Shipment;
Notification must include the Couriervia.com Account Number, if any, the (Air) Waybill or Package tracking number, the date of shipment and complete and accurate Recipient information;
A Service Failure will not be deemed to have occurred if within 30 days after Couriervia.com is notified, it furnishes proof either of timely delivery consisting of the date and time of delivery and name of the person who signed for the Shipment,
or service exception information reflecting that the failure to timely deliver resulted from any term permitting extension of time for delivery herein or circumstances described under Section 3 : LIABILITIES NOT ASSUMED;
Only one refund or credit is permitted per Package.
If a Service Failure occurs for any Package within a multiple package Shipment, a refund or credit will be given only for the proportion of the Transportation Charges applicable to that Package;
A refund or credit will be given only if complete and accurate Recipient information was provided at the time of shipment. Complete Recipient information must be provided on either the (Air) Waybill or through an automated shipping device;
A refund or credit will not be given to Shipments delayed due to incorrect or incomplete addresses or to the unavailability or refusal of a person to accept delivery, whether or not the Package is returned to the Sender, or sign for the Package or by reason of any term permitting extension of time for delivery herein or causes described under Section 3: LIABILITIES NOT ASSUMED;This Money Back Guarantee applies only to Transportation Charges and does not apply to duties, taxes or declared value charges or any other Charges and/or loss or damage suffered by either the Sender or the Recipient;
A refund or credit will not be given to customers using automated shipping devices if incorrect Package tracking numbers are applied to the subject Package or Shipment;
A Service Failure will not be deemed to have occurred if a "bill to" Couriervia.com Account Number was provided at the time of shipment that was not in good credit standing and the Package was held until alternate payment arrangements were secured. For purposes of this provision, "in good credit standing" shall mean that (1) payment on the Couriervia.com Account is current, (2) the Couriervia.com Account is not in "cash only" status, and (3) for commercial or business Couriervia.com Accounts, the balance does not exceed the credit limit established by Couriervia.com;
This Money Back Guarantee does not apply to undeliverable or returned Shipments or any Shipment containing dangerous goods or dry ice;
This Money Back Guarantee does not apply to delays in delivery caused by adherence to Couriervia.com policies regarding the payment of duties and taxes prior to customs clearance or at delivery; Credits for Transportation Charges will be applied to the payer’s account only and refunds will be made payable to the payer only;
A credit or refund under this Money Back Guarantee will be applied only against the Transportation Charges for the Shipment giving rise to the credit; An exact Delivery Commitment Time can be obtained only by contacting Customer Service and supplying the following information:
➤Commodity being shipped;
➤Date of the shipment;
➤Weight of the Shipment;
➤Value of the Shipment;
Any transit time published in the Couriervia.com Service Guide or elsewhere or quoted by Customer Service without the above five required facts, is only an estimate and is not a stated Delivery Commitment Time. Couriervia.com records regarding quoted delivery times will constitute conclusive proof of any such quotes; This Money Back Guarantee for Shipments destined for our extended service areas applies only to the portion of the transportation provide directly by Couriervia.com; Holidays at the pick up location and/or at the destination location will affect Couriervia.com transit times. Deliveries normally scheduled to be made on the day of holiday observance will be rescheduled for delivery on the next Business Day. The Delivery Commitment Time will be extended for a period equal to the length of the holiday; For Couriervia.com International Next Flight service, the quoted Delivery Commitment Time may be changed for many reasons including without limitation the following: flight delays or cancellations due to air traffic control, weather or mechanical problems. If the Delivery Commitment Time is changed the Money Back Guarantee will only be applicable to the latest quoted Delivery Commitment Time. This Money Back Guarantee does not apply to Shipments, in particular B2C Shipments, in respect of which the Recipient has provided Couriervia.com with specific delivery instructions in accordance with section 14.10.
1.2 ➤ For the Couriervia.com Europe First service option, Couriervia.com will upon request either refund or at its option (to be exercised in Couriervia.com’s sole discretion) credit to the applicable invoice i) the Couriervia.com Europe First Delivery Fee incurred by the Sender, but not the Transportation Charges, if the first attempted delivery of a Shipment occurs 60 seconds or more after the applicable Delivery Commitment Time for the Couriervia.com Europe First service option and ii) the Transportation Charges incurred by the Sender (in addition to the Couriervia.com Europe First Delivery Fee) if the first attempted delivery of a Shipment occurs 60 seconds or more after the applicable Delivery Commitment Time for Couriervia.com International Priority without the Couriervia.com Europe First service option. All restrictions and limitations set out under Section 1.1 equally apply to the Couriervia.com Europe First service option.
1.3 ➤ If the Sender chooses to leave a Shipment at either a Couriervia.com Authorised Ship Centre or a Couriervia.com Drop Box the Delivery Commitment Time will commence when the Shipment is collected by Couriervia.com from the Couriervia.com Authorised Ship Centre or Couriervia.com Drop Box as applicable. Details of the applicable cut off times in force from time to time can be found at the Couriervia.com Authorised Ship Centre or Couriervia.com Drop Box as applicable.
2.1 ➤ Unless the Sender enters a higher Declared Value for Carriage on the (Air) Waybill and pays the required fee, the liability of Couriervia.com is limited to the higher of a) the amount provided by the applicable international treaty or local law; or b) € 22 per kilogram; or c) US$ 100 per Shipment. For Couriervia.com Economy, Couriervia.com 1Day Freight, Couriervia.com Priority Overnight and Couriervia.com Standard Overnight Shipments within Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Switzerland and the United Arab Emirates, the liability of Couriervia.com is limited to the higher of a) the amount provided by the applicable local law; or b) € 10 per kilogram; or c) US$ 100 per Shipment, unless the Sender enters a higher Declared Value for Carriage on the (Air) Waybill and pays the required fee. For Couriervia.com Economy, Couriervia.com 1Day Freight, Couriervia.com Priority Overnight and Couriervia.com Standard Overnight Shipments within Germany, the liability of Couriervia.com is limited to the higher of a) € 4 per kilogram in accordance with the German Commercial Code (HGB); or b) US$ 100 per Shipment, unless the Sender enters a higher Declared Value for Carriage on the (Air) Waybill and pays the required fee.
2.2 ➤ Couriervia.com does not provide cargo liability or all-risk insurance but the Sender may pay an additional charge for Declared Value for Carriage above the limits referred to in Section 2.1 above. The Sender should refer to the Couriervia.com rate sheets in effect at the time of shipment or call Couriervia.com for an explanation of the additional charge. The Declared Value for Carriage of any Package represents Couriervia.com maximum liability in connection with a shipment of that Package, including but not limited to, any loss, damage, delay, misdelivery, any failure to provide information, or misdelivery of information relating to the Shipment. Exposure to and risk of any loss in excess of the Declared Value for Carriage is assumed by the Sender. Customers are advised to contact their insurance agent or broker for insurance coverage. EVEN IF A HIGHER VALUE FOR CARRIAGE IS DECLARED, THE LIABILITY OF Couriervia.com FOR LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO THE CONTENTS OF A SHIPMENT WILL NOT BE MORE THAN THE ACTUAL VALUE OF THE CONTENTS OF THE SHIPMENT AND Couriervia.com SHALL BE ENTITLED TO REQUIRE INDEPENDENT PROOF OF THE VALUE OF THE CONTENTS OF A SHIPMENT FOR WHICH A CLAIM IS MADE.
2.3 ➤ The maximum Declared Value for Customs and Carriage is limited and may vary per location. If applicable, the Declared Value for Carriage cannot exceed the Declared Value for Customs. The maximum Declared Value for Customs and Carriage for the contents of a Couriervia.com Envelope or Couriervia.com Pak, regardless of destination, is US$ 100 per Shipment or US$ 9.07 per pound, whichever is greater. Goods with a value (actual or declared) exceeding these amounts, should NOT be shipped in a Couriervia.com Envelope or Couriervia.com Pak. Unless otherwise specified by Couriervia.com, the maximum Declared Value for Carriage is US$50,000 per Shipment except for Couriervia.com International Priority Freight and Couriervia.com International Economy Freight which have a maximum Declared Value for Carriage limit of US$100,000 per Shipment to most destinations. The Sender should refer to the Couriervia.com rate sheets in effect at the time of shipment or call Couriervia.com for an explanation of the declared value limits.
2.4 ➤Shipments containing the following items of extraordinary value are limited to a maximum Declared Value for Carriage of USD 1,000 per Shipment or US$ 9.07 per pound, whichever is greater. Import of any of these items may be prohibited by individual countries and a lower Declared Value for Carriage limit for a country, if any, will control this stated limitation for such items:/p>
Artwork, including any work created or developed by the application of skill, taste or creative talent for sale, display or collection. This includes without limitation, items (and their parts) such as paintings, drawings, vases, tapestries, limited-edition prints, fine art, statues, sculptures, collector’s items, customized or personalized musical instruments or similar items;
Antiques or collectable items, or any commodity that exhibits the style or fashion of a past era and whose history, age or rarity contributes to its value. These items include but are not limited to, furniture, tableware, porcelains, ceramics and glassware. Collectable items may be contemporaneous or relating to a past era;
Film, photographic images (including photographic negatives), photographic chromes and photographic slides;
Any commodity that by its inherent nature is particularly susceptible to damage, or the market value of which is particularly variable or difficult to ascertain;Glassware, including but not limited to signs, mirrors, ceramics, porcelains, china, crystal glass, framed glass and any other commodity with similarly fragile qualities; Plasma screens;
Jewellery, including but not limited to, costume jewellery, watches and their parts, mount gems or stones (precious or semiprecious, cut or uncut), industrial diamonds and jewellery made of precious metal; Precious metals, including but not limited to, gold and silver, silver bullion or dust, precipitates or platinum (except as an integral part of electronic machinery); Furs, including, but not limited to, fur clothing, fur-trimmed clothing and fur pelts;
Stocks, bonds, cash letters or cash equivalents, including but not limited to food stamps, postage stamps (not collectible), travellers checks, lottery tickets, money orders, gift cards and gifts certificates, prepaid calling cards (excluding those that require a code for activation), bond coupons and bearer bonds; Collectors items such as sports cards, souvenirs and memorabilia.
(Collector’s coins and stamps may not be shipped. See the Items Unacceptable for Carriage section); Guitars and other musical instruments that are more than 20 years old and customized or personalized musical instruments.The Sender is responsible for accurately completing the (Air) Waybill or other shipping documents, including completion of the declared value section. Couriervia.com cannot honor requests to change the declared value information on the (Air) Waybill after tender to Couriervia.com.
2.5 ➤ When the Sender has not specified the Declared Value for Carriage of each Package on the (Air) Waybill but has specified a total declared value for all Packages, the declared value for each Package will be determined by dividing the total declared value by the number of Packages on the (Air) Waybill. In no event may the declared value of any Package in a Shipment exceed the declared value of the Shipment.
2.6 ➤ Couriervia.com is not liable for any loss of, damage to, or delay, misdelivery or non-delivery of unacceptable Shipments, including but not limited to cash or currency (See Section 8: ITEMS UNACCEPTABLE FOR CARRIAGE).
2.7 ➤ Any declaration of a value in excess of the maximums allowed by Couriervia.com is null and void. Couriervia.com acceptance (whether inadvertent, intentional or otherwise) for carriage of any Shipment bearing a declared value in excess of the allowed maximums does not constitute a waiver of any provision of or limits within these Conditions as to such Shipment.
2.8 ➤ If the Declared Value for Carriage for a Shipment exceeds the authorised limits (see Sections 2.3 and 2.4), such value shall automatically be reduced to the authorized limits for such Shipment.
2.9 ➤ Regardless of the Declared Value for Carriage of a Package, Couriervia.com liability for loss, damage, delay, misdelivery, non-delivery, misinformation, any failure to provide information, or misdelivery of information, will not exceed the Shipment's repair cost, its depreciated value or its replacement cost, whichever is less.
3.1 ➤ Couriervia.com WILL NOT BE LIABLE, IN ANY EVENT, FOR ANY DAMAGES WHETHER DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL IN EXCESS OF THE DECLARED VALUE (AS LIMITED BY SECTION 2) OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AS SET FORTH IN THE APPLICABLE INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION AS AMENDED OR, FOR SHIPMENTS FROM AND BETWEEN SPECIFIED LOCATIONS WITHIN ONE COUNTRY, BY THE APPLICABLE LOCAL LAW, WHICHEVER IS GREATER, WHETHER OR NOT Couriervia.com KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT SUCH DAMAGES MIGHT BE INCURRED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF INCOME OR PROFITS.
3.2 ➤ Couriervia.com WILL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY EVENT FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT LOSSES OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF INCOME OR PROFITS.
3.3 ➤ Couriervia.com shall not be liable for losses or delays in certain circumstances set forth in Section 3.4. Exposure to and risk of any such loss or delay is assumed by the Sender and the Sender should contact an insurance agent or broker if insurance cover is desired. Couriervia.com DOES NOT PROVIDE INSURANCE COVER.
3.4 ➤ Couriervia.com will not be liable for, nor shall any adjustment, refund, or credit of any kind be made as a result of any loss, damage, delay, misdelivery or non-delivery or misinformation or failure to provide information including but not limited to any such loss, damage, delay, misdelivery, non-delivery, misinformation or failure to provide information caused by or resulting from:
• the act, default, or omission of the Sender, Recipient or any other party with an interest in the Shipment;
• the nature of the Shipment or any defect, characteristic or inherent vice thereof;
• the violation of any of the terms and conditions contained on the (Air) Waybill or these Conditions, tariff or other terms and conditions applicable to the Shipment including, but not limited to, the incorrect declaration of the cargo, the improper or insufficient packing, securing, marking or addressing of Shipments;
• any events beyond the control of Couriervia.com including but not limited to perils of the air, public enemies, public authorities acting with apparent or actual authority, acts or omissions of Customs officials, riots, strikes, or other local disputes, civil commotion, hazards incident to a state of war or weather conditions, or national, international or local disruptions in air or ground transportation networks, criminal acts of any person(s) or entities including acts of terrorism, strikes or anticipated strikes (of any entity, including but not limited to other carriers, vendors or suppliers), natural disasters, disruption or failure of communication and information systems (including, but not limited to, Couriervia.com systems), mechanical delay or conditions that present a danger to Couriervia.com personnel;
• the acts or omissions of any person other than Couriervia.com, compliance with verbal or written delivery instructions from the Sender, Recipient or persons claiming to represent the Sender or Recipient;
• the loss of or damage to articles packed and sealed in Packages by the Sender, provided that the seal is unbroken at the time of delivery and the Package retains its basic integrity;
• any delay in delivery or Couriervia.com inability or failure to complete a delivery due to acts or omissions of Customs or other regulatory agencies;
• delays in delivery caused by adherence to Couriervia.com policies regarding the payment of duties and taxes;
• the inability of Couriervia.com to provide a copy of the delivery record or a copy of the signature obtained at delivery;
• the erasure of data from or the loss or irretrievability of data stored on magnetic tapes, files or other storage media, or erasure or damage of photographic images or soundtracks from exposed film;
• damage in transit or in handling of fluorescent tubes, neon lighting, neon signs, X-ray tubes, laser tubes and light bulbs, quartz crystal, quartz lamps, glass tubes such as those used for specimens and glass containers such as those used in laboratory environments or other inherently fragile items;
• Couriervia.com’s failure to honour "package orientation" graphics (e.g., "UP" arrows, "THIS END UP" markings);
• The Sender’s failure to ship goods in packaging approved by Couriervia.com prior to shipment, where such prior approval is recommended or required;
• Couriervia.com’s failure to notify the Sender of any delay, loss or damage or any inaccuracy in such notice; Shipments released without obtaining a signature if a release delivery authorization signed by the Recipient is on file; Couriervia.com’s failure or inability to attempt to contact the Sender or Recipient concerning incomplete or inaccurate address, incorrect or incomplete documentation, non-payment of duties and taxes necessary to release a Shipment, or incomplete or incorrect custom’s broker’s address;
• loss of or damage to any Package for which Couriervia.com has no record of receipt;
• Shipment of scale models (including but not limited to, architectural models, doll houses, etc.);
• damage to briefcases, luggage, garment bags, aluminium cases, plastic cases, or other items whose outer finish might be damaged by adhesive labels, soiling or marking unless placed in an adequate, protective container for shipment;
• damage, delay or loss of any Shipment containing a prohibited item;
• damage arising from any failure by the Sender to pack the material shipped in a manner adequate to protect it from damage, adequacy being assessed in the reasonable determination of Couriervia.com having regard to handling normally to be expected in the hands of a carrier such as Couriervia.com;
• The loss or any personal or financial information including but not limited to, social security numbers, dates of birth, drivers license numbers, credit or debit card numbers and financial account information;
• The Sender’s failure to delete all Shipments entered into a Couriervia.com self-invoicing system, Internet shipping device or any other electronic shipping method used to ship a Package when the Shipment is not tendered to Couriervia.com;
• The use of an incomplete, inaccurate, or invalid Couriervia.com Account Number or a failure to provide a valid Couriervia.com Account Number in good credit standing in the billing instructions on shipping documentation;
• The shipment of perishables or commodities that could be damaged by exposure to heat or cold, including, but not limited to, the shipment of any alcoholic beverages, plants and plant materials, tobacco products, ostrich or emu eggs, or live aquaculture;
• Damage to computers, or any components thereof, or any electronic equipment when shipped in any packaging other than:
• The manufacturer's original packaging, which is undamaged and has retained a good, rigid condition;
• Packaging that is in accordance with the Couriervia.com packaging guidelines available on Couriervia.com.com;
• Couriervia.com laptop packaging, for Shipments of laptop computers;
• Couriervia.com small electronic device packaging, for Shipments of cell phones, handheld computers, MP3 players and similar items;
• Provision of packaging, advice, assistance or guidance on the appropriate packaging of Shipments by Couriervia.com does not constitute acceptance of liability by Couriervia.com unless such advice, assistance or guidance has been approved in writing by Couriervia.com Packaging Design and Development and the writing expressly accepts liability in the event of a damaged Shipment;
• Damages indicated by any shockwatch, tiltmeter or temperature instruments;
• Failing to meet our Delivery Commitment Time for any Shipments with an incomplete or incorrect address. (See the Undeliverable Shipments section.);
• Loss or damage to alcohol Shipments unless an approved packaging type is used or Couriervia.com Packaging Design and Development has pre-approved such packaging prior to shipment;
• Dangerous goods Shipments that the Sender did not properly declare, including proper documentation, markings, labels and packaging. Couriervia.com will not pay a claim on undeclared or hidden dangerous goods and the Couriervia.com Money Back Guarantee does not apply;
• Couriervia.com will not be liable for the failure to provide any services or service options where Couriervia.com records do not reflect that the services or service options were selected by the Sender.
3.5 ➤Except in case of intentional action of Couriervia.com, the Sender shall be liable for any damage caused by the Shipment to Couriervia.com or to a third party. The Sender shall guarantee and hold Couriervia.com harmless of any claim of a third party, notably the Recipient, for any liability exceeding the liability assumed under these Conditions.
3.6 ➤Any payment made by Couriervia.com pursuant to a claim of the Sender or of a third party shall not be deemed to constitute an acceptance of liability.
CLAIMS5.1 ➤Claims for Damage, Delay or Shortage All claims due to damage (visible or concealed), delay (including spoilage claims) or shortage must be notified to Couriervia.com in writing within 5 calendar days after delivery of the Shipment, failing which no action for damages may be brought against Couriervia.com (see also Section 1: MONEY BACK GUARANTEE for the time period to request a refund or credit of Transportation Charges due to a Service Failure).Receipt of the Shipment by the Recipient without written notice of damage on the delivery receipt is prima facie evidence that the Shipment was delivered in good condition. As a condition for Couriervia.com considering any claim for damage the Recipient must make the contents, original shipping cartons and packaging available for inspection by Couriervia.com. Couriervia.com reserves the right to inspect damaged Shipments on the customer’s premises as well as the right to retrieve the damaged Package for inspection at a Couriervia.com facility. All of the original shipping cartons, packing and contents must be made available for inspection by Couriervia.com and retained until the claim is concluded. 5.2 ➤ Other claims (Loss, Non-delivery, Misdelivery...)
All other claims, including, but not limited to, claims for loss, non-delivery or misdelivery must be received by Couriervia.com within nine months after the Package was tendered to Couriervia.com.5.3 ➤ Filing a Claim and Time Limitation Within nine months after the Package was tendered to Couriervia.com, it must be documented by sending all relevant information about it to Couriervia.com. Couriervia.com is not obligated to act on any claim until all Charges have been paid; the claim amount must not be deducted from those Charges.The right to damages against Couriervia.com shall be extinguished unless a legal action is brought within two (2) years from the date of delivery (in case of damage) or the date the Shipment should have been delivered (in case of loss, non-delivery, misdelivery or delay in delivery). The agreed date of delivery for purposes of calculating the deadline shall be the day following the date of the Shipment. Statutes of limitation providing for shorter statutory or contractually agreed provisions shall prevail over this provision.Only one claim can be filed in connection with a Shipment. Acceptance of payment of a claim shall extinguish any right to recover further damages or to claim further compensation in connection with that Shipment.